We couldn't produce Green skincare and haircare and not make your Makeup Green!
In our quest for green beauty, we have mada a few surprising discoveries:
How products can harm:
1. Out of 1,000 carcinogens the EU has banned, the US has only banned 9 of them.
2. Scientists have only "improved" upon all of the chemicals used in our beauty products, making the particles both smaller and stronger. This means they're more easily absorbed into the skin and past the protective layers that once served as a barrier to these toxins.
3. Not all natural sunscreens are created equal. Ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide might make your sunscreen safer and more effective at protecting against UV rays, but some leave more of a white residue than others. Does yours leave a white film?
4. When it comes to antiperspirant, you may want to consider going for the less potent, natural options. When you shave your armpits, you're scraping off a layer of skin - and then you apply an often carcinogenic-filled deodorant right onto the vulnerable area right near your lymph nodes so that toxins can't escape.. NOOOOO!
All these things may sound a little (lot) scary, but that's why we have natural beauty products, ones that are created from safe, non-toxic ingredients that are naturally occurring. Thank Goodness.
What you need to know about natural beauty:
1. The green world may not have caught up with the mainstream market world of cosmetics in all product realms, but the right, scientific based natural skin hair and Makeup products are just as effective (if not more effective) as the best regular products. So that might be the best place to start.
2. The downside to committing to a green beauty cabinet? Just like with organic food, it's generally more expensive to buy natural grooming products. However look for products that have history and great reviews .... just because it's natural doesn't mean it works... unless of course you've discovered your own Wild Nature!
3. Even though oils have become the crowd-pleaser when it comes to natural beauty, make sure you figure out the right system for you. Those with rosacea must be careful when using harsh essential oils, while those suffering from acne can treat blemishes with certain well orchestrated oils (Did somebody say Wild Nature?)
4. You don't have to go green on every single product if you simply can't find a green product comparable to your non-green favorite --having said that, you must compare because you may just be suprised!
5. Most importantly, pick your battles. Don't drive yourself crazy by overhauling your entire beauty regime. Start slowly and see what makes the biggest difference in your life and well-being.
Comments will be approved before showing up.